Monday 28 January 2013

Words with Friends

Even though this blog is only a few weeks old, I have been blogging on and off for the past few years, I've blogged about different interests in my life and also about personal issues but nothing has ever seemed to keep me engaged.

I'm currently in my last year in university (I study biochemistry in case you were wondering) and I suppose now is the time I'm supposed to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I love science, I really do but I also love reading and writing and for years I toyed with the idea of working in the publishing industry but alas I've always had those self depreciating thoughts, I'm not good enough and for a while I thought I needed to do something with my chosen degree. Those thoughts plagued me through my second year, I questioned every decision I made to the point where I was harming my chances of even getting a degree.

And then I dropped out (or suspended my degree course) of university, I was confused about my life and who I was, I really disliked the person I saw and so I did the best thing I ever did. I took a step back, took a deep breathe and discovered who I was. I went to counselling, I connected with my friends and family more. I didn't hide who I was and finally I started to believe in myself and the person I could be. It took me two years and a lot of ups and downs to know I was on the right path. I finally had enough confidence to start this blog and post my book reviews which I've been secretly writing for years and I went back to university.

As I said before, I'm currently completing my final year and for once I'm really enjoying myself, I've just finished my January exams, which is why there has been a little bit of radio silence these past couple of weeks, I just haven't had the time to read any books never mind review them, but don't fear I have a few in the pipeline at the moment. My exams went well, I didn't panic and I made and kept to a strict revision system, which fingers crossed will pay off.

So this is my time, to make sure I accomplish everything I want to do in my life. I'm currently writing like crazy to every publishing house I can think of to try and get some work experience and fingers crossed someone takes pity on me. I'm hoping with my science background I could maybe go into educational publishing but I think ideally I would love to be in fictional publishing whether it be teens or adults.

Sometimes in life you just need to take a deep breathe and say I can do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment