Thursday 20 December 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

“Everyone has something of beauty about them.” 


After finishing matched last year I was really excited to read crossed (the second book of the trilogy), we join Cassia and Ky a few months after the ending of matched and watch them fight to be reunited. I really liked that the chapters alternated between Cassia and Ky and felt that we got to see more of who Ky is and how he came to join the Markhems. One thing I would say though is that I didn't feel like there was much distinction between the two voices, sometimes you had to double check whose chapter you were reading as they tended to blend into one. I'm undecided about whether I liked Cassia in this book, she didn't seem to be as 'kick-ass' as the first book and, I think I wanted her to be more but it seemed the new characters Eli and Indie out-shined her.

A lot of people don't think much happened in this book, but I couldn't disagree more, yes the pace is a little slower then that of matched but so many small clues were dropped and we got to learn a lot more about the society and the mysterious 'enemy'. The second book in a trilogy can always be a little slower, much more ground has to be covered in order to set up a fantastic finale and that's what I think Condie has done here.


No comments:

Post a Comment